2021-2022 Catalog Updates

Admission of International Students to Study in Canada

The instructional location of Vancouver in British Columbia is authorized by the Canadian government to admit international students. International applicants (applying from overseas or transferring from other Canadian institutions) who want to study in Canada must comply with general program admission requirements as well as fulfill all pertinent rules and regulations related to the Study Permit application process, In addition to the application portfolio backed by documentary evidence, including the mandatory application fee, candidates must submit the following supplementary documents:

  • Passport ID: Copy of the ID page of student' s passport.
  • Sponsorship Letter If applicable.
  • Study Permit: Copy of Study Permit and/or any other official document issued by Canadian authorities if the student is already in Canada
  • Proof of English Proficiency: If the college level or the undergraduate degree was earned outside the recognized universities and countries (Canada, USA, UK, NZ, Australia, Ireland),
  • Resume
  • Name changes: Only if applicable
  • student consentform if the student is getting assistance from a third party 
  • An International Student Admission standard deposit:


Amount in CAD $*





*Refer to the International Student Refund policy to learn more about refund parameters for international students. 

Upon acceptance to City University of Seattle in Canada, students will receive a Letter of Acceptance. They can apply online or visit their local visa application centres to obtain a Study Permit (student visa) using the Letter of Acceptance as one of the supporting documents. Students should consult the Canadian International Student Office at the Vancouver B.C. teaching location. Also, students may visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for helpful information on studying in Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

Canadian students who transfer from other Canadian institutions to study in the USA, must follow the same procedures as international students who study in the U.S. Students should consult the US international Admission Office for additional information  

(Procedure #2100.01.01)